- Snakes are carnivores (meat eaters).
- Snakes don’t have eyelids.
- Snakes can’t bite food so have to swallow it whole.
- Snakes have flexible jaws which allow them to eat prey bigger than their head!
- Snakes are found on every continent of the world except Antarctica.
- Snakes have internal ears but not external ones.
Paper – copy paper or construction paper
Markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Cut 15 or more strips of paper (depends on long you want your snake) – choose different colors if you like.
- Design each strip.
- Draw a head, tail and tongue.
- Grab one strip and glue together to start chain, continue with the rest of the strips to make a paper chain.
- Cut out the head with a long neck, fold paper at the top of the head and glue to the beginning of the chain.
- Cut out tail and glue to the end of the chain.
- Cut out tongue and glue to head.
- Decorate your house with crazy colored paper chain snakes.
Please share your snake on our Facebook page or you can email them to: Sottaviano@highlandlibrary.org