The Highland Public Library has combined learning skill activities with library resources in fun easy-to-check-out learning kits for school aged children at all levels of learning. Subjects range from learning to tie shoes, learning shapes, and learning the alphabet for preschoolers, the hexagon kit to learn math and critical thinking skills for elementary students, and maker-lab kits to facilitate learning science and technology for upper-elementary and middle school students.
Learning Made Kits are also created with the homeschooler in mind. Contact us if you have questions about these new learning kits.
From the Children’s Room
If you would like to be notified of special interest programs, learning kits and educational information to supplement learning at home, sign up today!
New STEM/STEAM BOOKS
Keep your children activity learning with one of these engaging STEM/STEAM titles from cooking science to robotics.
- The Science Chef : 100 fun food experiments and recipes for kids
- 100 Easy STEAM Activities : Awesome hands on projects for aspiring artists and engineers
- Real Chemistry Experiments : 40 exciting STEAM activities for kids
- Awesome Robotics Projects for Kids
- Awesome Engineering Activities for Kids
- Awesome Kitchen Science Experiments for Kids