The Friends of the Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising public awareness of Library related matters, promoting use of the Library and supplementing library services by expanding programming and activities.
- The Friends of the Library are strong supporters and advocates for the library.
- Thanks to the Friends the library is able to provide museum passes to several museums.
- The Friends provide funds for the summer reading program, special programs held throughout the year such as the Wildlife program; “Raw” foods program,etc. and supplies for crafts programs for all ages.
- Help out with the library’s July Comic Fest
- Organize and plan the Library Fair and Book Sale in October with help from the library staff
To provide these benefits to the library the Friends hold book sales, raffles, and other fundraising activities.
Support our Friends
You can support us and become a Friend of the Highland Library today! In these times of COVID-19, we are in need of your support now more than ever! Help is help no matter how large or small $10, $20, $50 or $100 would help tremendously. Covid-19 has put a strain on many budgets including ours. Anyone who donates $10 or more is considered to be a Friend of the Highland Public Library.
- Reader (Individual)……….$10.00
- Novelist (Family)…………. $20.00
- Best Seller………………….$100.00
Please consider sending a donation today!
Donations can be mailed to:
Friends of the Highland Public Library
P.O. Box 537
Highland, NY 12528
How Can You Help?:
Meetings of the Friends of the Highland Public Library Board are held on the fourth Saturday of each month at 10:30 am. General membership meetings are held quarterly. – Meetings have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
- President: Leslie Benson
- Treasurer: Heidi Souleotis
- Recording Secretary: Kathy Muller
- Corresponding Secretary/Recruiting Director: Linda Ronk
- Book sale Director: Angela Grieco