Registration is Required. Pick up supplies to make 2 friendship bracelets- one for you and your best friend! Each bracelet requires 3 pieces of hemp rope and 5 beads. Kits are available the week of Monday, August 3rd – Saturday, August 8th!
This craft kit can be picked up through our curbside service. Contact the library to arrange a time for you to pick up your craft kit at 845-691-2275 (the craft kit is available the entire week during open hours). Kits are limited so registration is required.
Supplies: Three different colors of hemp rope, 5 small beads
- Make sure all your strands are even and tie a knot at one end of your strings.
- Use tape to secure your thread to a table. This will make it easier to braid the strands.
- Braid the three strands together until you have about 3 inches of braid.
- Place the first bead on the right hand strand and pull strand over center strand.
- Take the left strand and pull over the center strand.
- Put another bead on the strand to the right and repeat the process until finished.
- Once all your beads are added, continue to braid for another three inches.
- Knot once you reach the end and tie your bracelet to your wrist!
Visit here for larger images and directions: