STATUS EFFECTIVE 3/17/2019
According to library policy in the effort to minimize risk to staff and community members. The library is now closed to the public. We will reassess our situation on April 1st. Until then, please visit our website and take advantage of all the digital services we have to offer.
- RBDigital: Check out digital magazines, movies, audiobooks and education.
- Hoopla: Checkout digital movies, music, audiobooks, comics and TV shows.
- Kanopy: Checkout digital movies and foreign films.
- OverDrive: Checkout ebooks, audiobooks and videos.
- TumbleBooks: Checkout children’s books.
- Take an Online Course: Learn something new in a short time. Choose from over 500 courses.
- Heritage Quest: Discover your family history.
- Fold3: Discover your family’s military past.
If you need assistance, please review the online tutorials for these databases.
Crafters Facebook Group: Join our facebook group and keep on crafting!
There will be no fines for days the library is closed and returns can go into the drop box. Staff will be working in the building.
Stay in touch with us by visiting our website for the latest updates and learn more about how you can stay safe by consulting valid resources for the latest flu information such as:
If you have questions, please contact Julie Kelsall-Dempsey, Library Director at email@example.com.
STATUS EFFECTIVE 3/16/2020
Effective March 16, 2020 at 3pm holds will be suspended by the Mid-Hudson Library System. Deliveries will stop Wednesday March 18 until further notice. The staff remains at the library to serve you on a check-in, check-out basis.
- You may use the online database to search for materials that are available at the Highland Public Library.
- You can call us at 845-691-2275 to request items that are available in our collection.
- Reminder: All programs are cancelled through April 30th with the exception of the library budget vote on April 22.
STATUS EFFECTIVE: 3/14/2020
In the interest of public safety and by county executive declaration, the library has canceled all meetings and programs until the end of March and will revisit our current situation on April 1. The library is open for check-in and check out services ONLY. We are taking every measure to keep our patrons and staff healthy.
While we will miss all of you, social distancing is the best way for all of us to remain safe and healthy while not contributing to the spread of COVID-19.