EASE INTO TECH We're here to help.
Computer Assistance with Donna Davies
For specific questions and issues your are trying to solve, please make an appointment for computer assistance. Help is offered in 45 minute sessions. Please have your questions ready and bring your computer, tablet or phone.
You Must Have a Library Card to Participate.
How to make an appointment for computer assistance:
You can reserve time at your convenience. Just click on the make an appointment button to choose a day/time and complete the form. Meeting information will be sent prior to your meeting. Can’t get to the library? We can set up a Zoom meeting.
If you can not find a time that suits your need on the calendar, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your requested time. We will do our best to accommodate you.
If you need help with Microsoft products like Word, Excel and PowerPoint, you must bring your own working computer with software installed. We can not guarantee that your issue will be solved, but we will do our best.
Group Instruction for Adults & Seniors
You must have a library card to participate in these sessions. Please bring your computers with you and have an established GMail account. If you do not have a GMail account, come in 15 minutes prior the class and we will help you set one up.
- Start typing your new document.
- Use styles to format text.
- In Google Docs, use tables and tabs to arrange text.
- Use a bulleted paragraph style for bullets and dotpoints.
- Make changes, fix mistakes, edit your document.
- Use page numbering and let the text flow from page to page.
- Printing your document.
- Opening a spreadsheet.
- Working with the tools.
- Managing your worksheets.
- Entering data.
- Basic calculations (Sum, AVG, Count).
- Printing your spreadsheet.
- Add, rearrange, and delete slides
- Apply layouts, themes, and QuickStyles
- Work with text, bullets, images, and video
- Apply simple animations and transitions
- Create audience and presenter handouts
Reserve time with our in-house computer tutor to gain clarity and confidence using computers and software that suit your needs.
- Adults & Seniors
- Discuss E-commerce Platforms (Squarespace, Shopify)
- Products and Inventory
- Getting Paid
- Search Engine Optimization
- Introduction to selling your handmade items using the ETSY platform
- Branding your shop
- Taking great product photos
- ETSY SEO/Listings
- Setup Options Review
- Learn how to get the most out of library Apps. Read and listen to your favorite books from your handheld device. It’s quick and easy! You’re never without your library.
- We will discuss Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter and the differences between the platforms.
- Learn to Create Basic Shapes
- Learn to Search Tinkercad Database
- Export File for your 3D Printer
- Review Indeed and LinkedIn
- Customizing Your Resume for the Job You Want On Indeed
- Searching for Jobs on Indeed.
- Monthly lecture about the latest technology trends.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Topics include security, tablets, digital TVs, smart phones and more.