Computer Classes with Donna Davies
EASE INTO TECH We're here to help.
Computer Classes for January are on hold due to the rise in Covid cases. We will revisit in February.
How to register: You can reserve time for any computer class at your convenience. Just click on the reserve button to choose a day/time and complete the form. You will receive a call prior to your class to discuss your learning goals. Meeting information will be sent prior to your class. Prefer to stay home? We can set up a Zoom meeting.
If you can not find a time that suits your need on the calendar, please e-mail email@example.com with your requested time. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Available Computer Instruction Topics
- Start typing your new document.
- Use styles to format text.
- In Microsoft Word, use tables and tabs to arrange text.
- Use a bulleted paragraph style for bullets and dotpoints.
- Make changes, fix mistakes, edit your document.
- Use page numbering and let the text flow from page to page.
- Printing your document.
- Opening a spreadsheet.
- Working with the ribbon.
- Managing your worksheets.
- Entering data.
- Basic calculations (Sum, AVG, Count).
- Charting in Excel.
- Printing your Spreadsheet.
- Add, rearrange, and delete slides
- Apply layouts, themes, and QuickStyles
- Work with text, bullets, images, and video
- Apply simple animations and transitions
- Create audience and presenter handouts
Reserve time with our in-house computer tutor to gain clarity and confidence using computers and software that suit your needs.
- Adults & Seniors
WordPress is a powerful free Open Source website development tool that is used for building powerful websites or simple blogs and everything in between. You will need a paid hosting account for these classes. We suggest wordpress.org or SiteGround as preferred providers.
Sign up for any one-hour session.
Session 1: Installing & Setting Up WordPress – We will review the installation process and how to set up your website or blog by reviewing each setup option within WordPress
Session 2: Choosing a Template/Site Builders and Setting Up Pages – We will review the installation process and how to set up your website or blog by reviewing each setup option within WordPress.
Session 3: Managing Content, Plug-ins and the Media Library – We will review the installation process and how to set up your website or blog by reviewing each setup option within WordPress.
- Discuss E-commerce Platforms (Squarespace, Shopify)
- Products and Inventory
- Getting Paid
- Search Engine Optimization
- Introduction to selling your handmade items using the ETSY platform
- Branding your shop
- Taking great product photos
- ETSY SEO/Listings
- Setup Options Review
- Learn how to get the most out of library Apps. Read and listen to your favorite books from your handheld device. It’s quick and easy! You’re never without your library.
- Choose from Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Tumbler. Learn how to set up and maintain your profile safely. We will review tagging, images libraries and benefits of each platform for business or personal use.
- Discussion on what 3D printing is and how it works.
- What types of projects 3D printing is good for.
- What is needed to print in 3D.
- What type of software is needed to produce 3D prints.
- We will discuss storage options.
- Learn basic editing skills using a free online photo editor similar to Photoshop
- Discuss taking great shots from the start.
- How to Search the Database
- Customizing Your Resume for the Job You Want
- Review Indeed and LinkedIn