Mission Statement of the Friends of the Highland Public Library:
The Friends of the Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising public awareness of Library related matters, promoting use of the Library and supplementing library services by expanding programming and activities.
- The Friends of the Library are strong supporters and advocates for the library.
- Thanks to the Friends the library is able to provide museum passes to several museums.
- The Friends provide funds for the summer reading program, special programs held throughout the year such as the Wildlife program; "Raw" foods program,etc. and supplies for crafts programs for all ages.
- Help out with the library's July Comic Fest
- Organize and plan the Library Fair and Book Sale in October with help from the library staff
To provide these benefits to the library the Friends hold book sales, raffles, and other fundraising activites.
How can you Help?:
Meetings of the Friends of the Highland Public Library are held on the fourth Saturday of each month at 10:30 am. We would love to have you join us!
President: Leslie Benson
Treasurer: Heidi Souleotis
Recording Secretary: Donna Finch
Corresponding Secretary: Rosemarie McBride
Thanks to Kelly Redl and all those at Guardian Storage for their generous donation of space to store our donated books. We truly appreciate it!