Mission Statement of the Friends of the Highland Public Library:
The Friends of the Library is a non-profit organization dedicated to supplementing library services, raising public awareness of Library related matters, organizing and expanding programming and activities, and promoting use of the Library.
- The Friends of the Library are strong supporters and advocates for the library.
- Thanks to the Friends the library is able to provide museum passes to several museums.
- The Friends provide funds for the summer reading program, special programs held throughout the year such as the Wildlife program; "Raw" foods program,etc. and supplies for crafts programs for all ages.
- Help out with the library's July Comic Fest
- Organize and plan the Library Fair and Book Sale in October with help from the library staff
To provide these benefits to the library the Friends hold membership drives; book sales, raffles, and other fundraising activites.
How can you Help?:
Meetings of the Friends of the Highland Public Library are held on the fourth Saturday of each month at 10:30 am. We would love to have you join us!
President: Leslie Benson
Treasurer: Heidi Souleotis
Thanks to Kelly Redl and all those at Guardian Storage for their generous donation of space to store our donated books. We truly appreciate it!