Kenneth Greenman has once again committed to a swim-a-thon for the library. Mr. Greenman will attempt to swim 4 consecutive hours at the Highland All-Sport on December 15. All proceeds raised from sponsors will go towards the library’s Capital Campaign. To become a sponsor or for more information please contact Julie Dempsey by phone 845 691-2275 ext 13 or email email@example.com or contact Ken Greenman at 914 456-0132. Sponsorship can be per hour or a lump sumPrint
Crocheting for Adults- Th. Dec. 19 at 4:30pm- Bring your needles/hooks and yarn and join us for some time of relaxation and conversation. From beginners to experts. (Clintondale) Register Here
Holiday Cookie Swap- Th. Dec. 19 6:30pm- Bring a sample of your favorite holiday cookies for all to try, along with the recipe, and join us for an evening of food, fun & friends at the library. Drinks will be provided. Register Here
Quick and Easy: Missouri Jelly-Roll Pillow Case- Th. Dec. 26 at 4:30pm-6pm- Do you need a quick and easy gift? Or an evening with the girls? Then join Toni for an evening of sewing. **See the events calendar on our web site for materials list & registration. (Clintondale Branch) Register Here
Computer Classes- Beginning January 6 we will be hosting computer classes on a variety of topics such as intro to email, learn Facebook, craigslist basics, and using Flickr for photos. Classes are limited to 3 people as we provide hands-on instruction. Participants need basic computer and Internet skills to attend. Check the events calendar for topics and to register.Print
7 Things You Need to Know:
1. New affordable and comprehensive health insurance options will be available for New Yorkers.
2. Open enrollment begins October 1, 2013 for coverage that begins January 1, 2014.
3. If you earn less than $45,960 as an individual or $94,200 for a family of 4, you may be eligible for financial assistance that will make coverage more affordable.
4. You will not be denied health insurance on the basis of a pre-existing condition.
5. All health insurance options will offer a comprehensive array of services.
• Preventive services will be offered at no cost to you.
6. You can get help enrolling in coverage:
- By phone
- On-line via web chat
7. You pick the plan that is best
Find more information here.
Get an estimate of the costs and savings on the Health Insurance Marketplace : http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/Print